Thursday, September 6, 2012

Walking The 2012 AIDSWalk Los Angeles

It is that time of year again. I am participating in the annual AIDSWalk Los Angeles 10K fundraiser/walk. I have been doing this walk almost every year for a decade after losing a few good friends to this disease. Walking and doing what I can to raise money or simply awareness is a small way to remember my friends and help those still dealing with it.

Aside from the good cause, I actually enjoy the walk. Thousands of people participate. Students from almost every high school in Los Angeles have a team of their own and make up the majority of volunteers who cheer and tjamk us all along the route. There are also teams formed by large and small companies throughout the city and county who all combined create a powerful vibe of positivity.

Aside from hanging with friends who like walking and being outdoors, it is a great workout!

This year I will be walking with friends from my old 9 to 5 who formed a team. I thought about joining the SAG-AFTRA team but... I started that team years ago and I am a loyal guy. As I am focused on increasing my exercise regime, this is a fun way to get my fitness on while helping a good cause.

Since it is a fundraiser, if anyone wants to make a contribution, feel free to click on my link below.

http://awla2012.kintera.org/kevindarcy

If not, you might want to consider joining a walk in your area. You are guaranteed to have fun!       

No comments:

Post a Comment