Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11

"Nightfall on the 9/11 Memorial at WTC"   Photo by Joe Woolhead
9/11... This is a day none of us who were alive at the time can or will ever forget.

So much tragedy.
So much loss.
So many tears.

Since that day, each anniversary is a reminder of how quickly life can change; how connected we all really are to one another; how united we can be; how precious life is and how blessed we are to have our family and friends.

I remember on that day, when I heard the news of the first tower being struck, I froze in shock standing alone in my small living room. Later, I heard that a plane hit the Pentagon. My oldest brother, Michael, works there. Without thinking, I fell to my knees. Tears fell down my cheeks. I could not think.  The phone lines were jammed. Waiting was hell. I however, was lucky. My "hell" ended. My brother was alive. One hallway separated him from losing his life.
Pentagon 9/11 Memorial - Night

Each 9/11 I give thanks for my brother making it out safe, and the safety of my entire family. I also pray for a sense of peace to fill the lives of the loved ones of those we lost that day.



Life is precious.

Change happens in an instant.

If I remember anything today, it is this. Appreciate your life and those you are blessed to share this unending adventure with along the way.  




         Flight 93 Memorial - "Wall of Names and Ceremonial Gateway the Crash Site."                               
Photo by bioLINIA & Paul Murdoch Architects
























































No comments:

Post a Comment