Friday, September 14, 2012

Brene Brown's "Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead"

While preparing for yesterday's audition, I decided to tape an episode of Katie Couric's new talk show just to see what she was all about. I happened to tape a show that seemed to really speak to my way of thinking. A behavioral researcher named Dr. Brene Brown wrote a book called "Daring Greatly" that addressed the idea of how when we face the difficult task of embracing what makes us vulnerable, we end up living braver lives and as a result more fulfilling joyful lives.

She apparently has made some popular on-line clips that empower folks to live more joyful lives. I think I am going to investigate her and her ideas more. It is a philosophy that can not only help me grow as an artist but as a person as well. This book is definitely going on my 2012 reading list!

You have to watch this clip below from YouTube posted by TEDtalks! I think you might find it fun and inspiring without all the "woo woo"!

No comments:

Post a Comment