Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kissing High Fructose Corn Syrup Good-bye...

As I was posting a picture I took of Ajay Mehta and myself up to my IMDB page, I was a bit stunned to see once again that the image I have of myself, lodged deep in my brain, is not a match with my reality. 

I have begun my exercise routine, feeling both exhausted and energized depending on the time of day. I feel the progress on that front. However, I noticed as I stared at my photo in shock, I was sipping on a cold and refreshing can of Arizona Rx Energy herbal tonic. I tried to pretend it was a healthy drink- then I actually read the label. The second ingredient is HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. I have been drinking that sucker for a few months now!! It is by far my favorite beverage but I am filing for a "divorce". Now I must say good bye to that, to snickers bars and to any food I find that HFCS devil. It will be enough of a challenge getting back into competitive shape without a daily dose of weight loss sabotage. 

I immediately took a walk to a local grocery and picked up some fruits and veggies in their natural states. I may need to empty out my fridge and after a good long talk with myself, dump out the crappy "fake" food products to truly free myself of those saboteurs to my future "six pack"!


No comments:

Post a Comment