Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting My Exercise On With "Hip Hop Abs"

It is September 4, 2012. D-Day.

I made a commitment to myself to get exercising.

While I was first considering going  with getting P90X, the logical, practical side of me took hold. Why start things out buying yet another product when I already have resources in place? Ultimately, I am on the road to returning to can exercise regime that includes  regular trips to my local LA Fitness center.

I woke up this morning with the intent to exercise before Rusty's morning walk.  However, all of the fun I had over the weekend was probably a little more non-stop than it should have been. By the time I woke up this morning I was dragging. I made this commitment, but I wanted to stay in bed. After hitting the "snooze" a few times I staggered into the living room.  I knew I was not making my way to the gym. My eye drifted to my shelf of dvds and I noticed that I already had a few exercise dvds that I can and should use. I found  POWER YOGA: Total Body by Rodney Yee, Pilates Workout for Dummies, and HipHop Abs by Shaun T.

HipHop Abs won out! I think I will get things going with a bit of fun in the morning. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to dance so it is a perfect fit. My sister, Andrea, sent me this series of exercise dvds by Shaun T. but I put them on a shelf. This morning I dusted them off and got moving. It was definitely an intense re-entry into my fitness routine but, I know it will keep fitness engaging and will be a nice jumpstart to my day.  If I like thinks work well, eventually, I may look into his INSANITY workout series. In time the meantime, I can work in the yoga dvd and trips to LA Fitness to form my own version of muscle confusion training.

Let the muscle growth BEGIN!





No comments:

Post a Comment