Monday, April 15, 2013

Thoughts And Prayers Go To Boston

It is frightening to comprehend how fragile life can be. At any moment tragedy can strike. I just heard on the news that one of the two confirmed dead was an eight year old child.

My heart is breaking... To think that there are individuals who deliberately choose to inflict such chaos, mayhem and deadly terror into the lives of others boggles my mind.

It seems these incidents are destined to be a regular part of our lives. We can only soldier on and not allow such horrific events to keep us from living our lives fully and without fear. Giving in to the fear these bombings are designed to instill in us is a victory we cannot allow these terrorists to have.

I have visited Boston and have friends living there. It is a beautiful city that reminds me so much of Philadelphia where I was born and raised. East coasters are made of sturdy stuff. I know they will rally together to help each other get through.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Boston. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I too have often thought about the similarities of Boston to Philadelphia, where I have raced. It's unthinkable to me, having crossed so many finish lines, that something like this could happen. Tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. In some strange way, this tragedy has me feeling defiant and refusing to give in to the fear it has stirred up in me. Be well, safe and KEEP running!

    ReplyDelete