Monday, April 22, 2013

The Magic Spell of English Toffee

What can I say? I am a sucker for chocolate and I am in LOVE. LOVE. LOVE with English Toffee. Sunday afternoon I picked up an eight ounce container of Trader Joe's English Toffee. There is something about the taste of toffee covered in tiny pieces of crunchy almonds that sends me to a very very special place I call "toffee heaven". 

By some magical spell or curse I should say, I find myself already down to one piece of crunchy, creamy, melt in your mouth goodness left.

I want to savor it but it is like a siren, seductively singing me toward it oblivious to the inevitable crash to my doom awaiting my next trip to the scale.

Ah well. Such are the many pitfalls of modern living.

Perhaps, I can postpone my last voyage to "toffee heaven" by taking Rusty for his walk before I lose all self-control. I know it is not nice to use my dog in such a way but hey, he can't eat any of it so he could not understand or probably even care as long as I get him out and over to the nearest tree.

Good bye for now, English Toffee. Savor you more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment