Friday, April 26, 2013

Memories of A Dream: "Twin Peaks"

As I was surfing the Blog Catalog site, reading an array of interesting posts, I came across blogger DaleCooper57's post called "Into The Woods" which discussed the phenomenal series "Twin Peaks".
Check it out:

http://dalecooper57.wordpress.com/2013/04/25/into-the-woods/


To say I loved this show is an understatement.

During my time as a student at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, my classmates and I were knee deep in the intense study of our craft. All of us dreaming of the future and the desire to make a living doing what we loved. ACTING.

Conservatory training was our day job from 9 am to 6pm Evenings were filled with rehearsals of scenes or projects we were involved in. Yet, when "Twin Peaks" came on, a group of us would gather together, drawn in by the surrealism and masterful storytelling of David Lynch.

David Lynch made it undeniably clear that what we were watching was art, like you've never seen on television before. I was hooked and frankly unnerved by what I watched as I found myself compelled to see where he was going to take us and how.

I remember watching the dream sequence was like a revelation, I was not only freaked out by Bob, but the feeling I was swept up into an actual dream. Nothing I have seen on television before or since has inspired me more creatively. It was in my opinion groundbreaking for its time.

I hope to one day  be involved in something as an actor that affects an audience as much as this clip below did for audiences when it aired.

Enjoy..   

\

2 comments:

  1. Ha! You beat me to it. I'm posting Cooper's dream in my next instalment. Thanks for the visit, the comment, and the backlink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, if I messed up your flow. I got so wrapped up in the clips you posted I was transported in time and had to view that scene again. I will definitely be checking out your next installment.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete