Monday, April 15, 2013

Paying My Respects to Roger Ebert of "Siskel & Ebert"

Roger Ebert
 
I would be remiss if I did not pay my respects to film critic, journalist and screenwriter Roger Ebert who passed away on April 4, 2013 for his contribution to my own love of film.

Gene Siskel














I grew up watching "Siskel and Ebert" and loved watching their enthusiastic debate of  what makes good film and what flicks were or were not worth checking out. They were passionate about their opinions. As film critics of rival Chicago newspapers, they took their jobs seriously. They may not have liked each other much from time to time but were fun to watch.  I didn't always agree with their reviews but they always gave me "food for thought."

Now that both men have passed, an era has truly come to an end.



"Two Thumbs Up" won't be the same without them.

I found this clip of outtakes from the 80's where it was pretty clear they didn't like each other very much at the time they taped this promo. It's actually pretty funny. 



No comments:

Post a Comment