Thursday, August 30, 2012

LA Fitness In My Future

I am not fond of the gym. The idea of getting up early or going late in the evening to workout on equipment, I am never fully sure I am using properly, is not what I call "fun". When I had a friend to go with regularly, I got into the rhythm of it but he hurt his back doing martial arts and when his gym days ended, I stayed home as well.

I am so bad at going, I ended 2011 with a Bally Total Fitness membership, only to discover in April 2012, when I got an unusually rare impulse to exercise, that they were now LA Fitness. For 4 months my automatic monthly dues payments were going to a new company and I was clueless. I was beyond embarrassed when the person at the front counter told me of the change of ownership. No hiding that I was not on top of my fitness game.

And here we are with the breeze of the new month of September wafting in my direction, I have a decision to make. Am I going to get my butt in gear or am I going to continue to waste money and time avoiding the inevitable?

Here's my dilemma. I know I need to get into a regular exercise routine for better health, reducing stress and simply improving my level of competitiveness in my field of business. I just don't know how to make it interesting enough to stay with it.

I think I am going to have to view this solely as a business requirement and work on a plan of action. Otherwise I will continue to make excuses.  I did say I needed to focus more on improving myself as a professional actor. I guess this falls under that category. Ugh.

Okay... My thoughts create my reality.  Time to change my thinking.    

No comments:

Post a Comment