Friday, June 13, 2014

Legendary Actress & Activist Ruby Dee Passed Away at 91

THANK YOU RUBY DEE AND OSSIE DAVIS FOR THE TRAIL YOU BLAZED TO MAKE MY LIFE BETTER...


 My heart has broken at hearing the news Ruby Dee passed away on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 of natural causes at the age of 91.  It is nice to hear that if someone passes it is of natural causes and at the age of 91 we know she had a rich full life.

Yet her passing feels like a loss in the family. Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis were like the grandparents I never knew. Their activism led the way for me being able to have the life I now enjoy and to be able to pursue this acting career I love so much.

I will miss her as I would have loved to have met her or worked with her. I will have to be content with enjoying the body of work she has left behind and be grateful for all she has done for me even though we never met.

Again, THANK YOU, Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis...where ever you are I know you are together. Be blessed, as you have been such a blessing to so many of us!
 




Watch these clips and you will get a glimpse of why Ruby Dee is the definition of a "Legend" and so damn inspirational!!!.







No comments:

Post a Comment