Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Making Progress One Tuesday At A Time

One of the best investments I have made is involving myself with an acting group. We meet every Tuesday and work on scenes from a particular film, one semester at a time with the intent to improve our skills. I have been a part of this group for a little over three years.

Learning through the experience of performing on a job is invaluable. However, having a space where you can take creative risks and dare to fail without risking your job is what makes my Tuesday night investment worth it.

Last night, I felt like I had a mini break thru. I felt that magic feeling of connecting with the character and I felt a degree of focus I hadn't felt before. I jumped of the creative cliff without a net and lived to see another day! These are the moments I live for. There is nothing more fulfilling than feeling "creative connection" with a character in a viseral way.

It is important to celebrate all of life's victories in whatever form they take.

Life is great!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment