Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Focusing On My Craft

Tonight is my regular Tuesday night acting class. We are working on a scene from "Things We Lost In The Fire". I am playing "Jerry" the recovering heroine addict played by Benicio Del Toro.

I am sure working on this scene had some influence in encouraging me to quit smoking. This is a good thing, I suppose. However, the reality of dealing with the physical/mental dimensions of withdrawal seem somewhat more intensified as I use my current feelings in connecting myself with the role. I guess this is my version of a "Method" approach to bringing the character to life.

Ahh... the things one does to improve one's craft. Going through nicotine withdrawal is, I am certain, better than trying heroine! Haha! I will never be that "method" in my work.

I have been sipping gallons of green tea to help detox. It is definitely a mental challenge to stay focused but I see it as making lemonade out of lemons! 

With a little luck, my work tonight will be focused enough to allow for creative growth!


No comments:

Post a Comment