Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hurry Up And Wait...


A youthful Mum back in Guyana.
Spoke to Mum this morning. She sounds a bit tired but in good spirits. They started running "tests" this morning. "Tests". How ambiguous can you get? I am not the best when it comes to waiting especially when it comes to anything concerning my mum!

She is a strong, strong woman but it is a challenge to hear her sound so tired. She never fails, though, to make me laugh. She was whispering a complaint about the "bloody woman in the bed next to her keeping her up all night". She then proceeded to apologize for cussing. I thought if "bloody" is the worse thing she can think of to cuss about someone, she doesn't need to worry too much.

We laughed and I promised to tape the episodes "General Hospital" and tell her what is happening in Port Charles. The lady loves her soaps. She considered getting a tv set in the room but felt it was simply a waste of good money. Mum will always be mum! :)

Mum living it up in Philly
Writing about this helps me a great deal. I have been going out of my bloody mind worrying about what I the unknown. I quickly realized there is no value in traveling that road. It is just a challenge. Once again the downside of living 3,000 some odd miles away from my family is my very active imagination kicks in because I'm here and they are there. So... I write... post pics of mum and slowly I feel better.

Positive vibes. That's what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment