Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Summer of Star Trek has Begun!!

It feels as if this is going to be my favorite summer of movie going!

I have not been willing to break my bank for a night out at the movies. However, since I am saving my pennies for "Man of Steel", as a livelong Star Trek fan and lover of the re-boot of the franchise for a new generation, I have to see "Star Trek Into Darkness" in the theater!

Paramount Pictures may just have a winner on its hands! With J.J. Abrams' inventive way of creating a new time line, anything is possible. They can draw from the best of the past, while blazing new trails no one has seen before.

I cannot wait! 

I love the cast. Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Simon PeggJohn Cho , and Anton Yelchin have made these iconic roles their own. The addition of the romance between Spock and Uhura was a great twist with great possibilities in the first installment. Now, the villian, played by Benedict Cumberbatch, best known for his compelling performance as Sherlock Holmes in the 21st century on the BBC series "Sherlock", is sure to bring his "A" game.

I have a crazy busy weekend, but I need to get there soon before I start getting plot spoilers from those who get to it before me and can't keep their mouths shut!


No comments:

Post a Comment