Friday, December 7, 2018

“Channeling the Energy of 50K Festival to make September A Transformational Fresh Start for My Life & Career!”

Finally in this article you can begin to see my perspective moving away from grief.

“Channeling the Energy of 50K Festival to make September A Transformational Fresh Start for My Life & Career!”                                                                             by Kevin D’Arcy
Can you feel it? We are mere days away from this monumental event that we have all been working towards for more months than we could have imagined, all to bring 50,000 youth across the country together for a festival of Peace.  Wow! What an undertaking. We all are a part of it, whether we walk into one of those arenas across the U.S., or we simply gather in District centers to chant for it’s success.
I have been involved in enough events during my former life in the labor movement to know that the closer you get to the event, the crazier everyone becomes. The energy of the event becomes palpable the bigger the event. Now this is my first Buddhist event so maybe chanting will keep everyone’s nervous energy in check but just in case it doesn’t, give a hug to someone at the Buddhist center you think is running around like a crazy person trying to get a million things done before September 23rd.
For myself, it just occurred to me that I have family coming to visit, first my niece directly after the festival for two days of bonding and her directing me on how to turn my current hermit’s apartment into a swanky LA bachelor pad! Hahah!

When she is done with me, my home and outlook for the future is guaranteed to be transformed! Hopefully for the better. 

My challenge is, I have been so busy with SGI district meetings and work stuff that my messy apartment has only gotten messier. 

Instead of falling into panic mode, I am turning to my Gohonzon for guidance on how I can channel all the chaotic energy of this month to accomplish my district and work responsibilities and also purge my apartment of as much unnecessary clutter for the first time since November of 1994 when I moved into this place. 

I’ve decided to use 50K and my niece’s visit as an opportunity to let go of what I truly don’t need and make room for new blessings to enter my life and home. 

It may sound crazy but releasing my “hoarder” tendencies and opening myself up to having my home reflect the major transformation I am experiencing in this “Year of Brilliant Achievement” is a challenge I am excited and nervous to undertake. In so many ways this year for me has become about letting go of the past, growing into the Bad-Ass Gay Buddhist I am meant to be, and reaching goals I never TRULY imagined were possible before I received my Gohonzon.

I feel like a kid again! I have never felt so excited to be alive! I have so many goals as an actor, as a gay man, as a Los Angeleno that I want to accomplish. Step One is making my home ground zero for the new life I am daring to LIVE!!Δ 


No comments:

Post a Comment