Friday, December 7, 2018

“Allowing My Heart to Be Open”

This article from October chronicles my family's visit to the west coast.

                      “Allowing My Heart to Be Open”                                              Making Room for the Unexpected.                                                                       
by Kevin D ’Arcy
I had the most fantastic time this last week. Instead of September 23rd’s 50K festival being a culmination of work to get my family to the festival, it was the starting point of a week of family time on the west coast. From Sunday until Wednesday, I did more cleaning, trips to IKEA, Walmart, Target, Baskin-Robbin’s 31 Flavors and Jamba Juice than I have ever done in such a short period of time. My niece was determined to transform my hermit’s cave into a bachelor pad no matter what.  While we haven’t fully gotten there yet, I am now determined to complete what my niece started.
To say she was lovingly brutal was an understatement, yet somehow I survived. I found myself not only getting rid of what I called “treasured memories” and she called “junk,” but she also had me strolling through the aisles of “ULTA BEAUTY” to find an eye mask and eye cream to reduce the puffiness under my eyes so I don’t look so tired both for when I audition and when I go out in search of a “husband.” J 



Seriously purging one’s home of 24 years of living is not just physically exhausting, it is spiritually cleansing. I still have much more to do to complete my purge but I am on the road. 

It is strange but the more I invest in re-vamping my living space, the more I find my heart and mind opening to new possibilities for myself. I thought I was helping my niece by getting her to attend 50K but I have been the winner as well from her visit because it reminded me not to get too stuck in my thinking and living. I know that I bought things for myself and home which I wouldn’t have done on my own but probably should have a long time ago.

If life has taught me anything in 2018 it is that life is too short not to choose to be happy and to live as joyfully as possible! 


Having my family in my home reminded me how important it is to have people in your life who love you and people who really know and accept you no matter what. Δ

No comments:

Post a Comment