Friday, December 7, 2018

“Allowing My Heart to Be Open” - Part 2

It is funny how you don't see your growth until you reflect on where you have been and where you are. I am grateful that my buddhist practice has helped me move through this year of loss and gain a strength I never knew I had.

   “Allowing My Heart to Be Open”  Making Room for the Unexpected. - PART 2                                                                                                                         by Kevin D ’Arcy


 On Monday, October 29th I had the opportunity to do what I love- act, professionally. I booked a small co-starring role on the CBS series YOUNG SHELDON. I reveled in every moment I was on the Warner Brother’s Studio lot. I consciously spent the day in a state of gratitude. Somehow that made the day all the more enjoyable. I set my intention to enjoy myself and to incorporate ideas I got from the October 27th Arts Department quarterly meeting.  I woke up chanting to let my small performance come from my heart, be a force for kosen rufu in my work and interactions and to contribute to the vision the director has for the episode.
As it turned out, the director and many of the crew worked with me when I recurred on HART of DIXIE, a few years ago, so I felt completely at home. When I finished shooting my scene, the director smiled and she gave me the thumbs up on my performance.  I achieved my intention almost effortlessly. Things just fell into place.

This small victory led me to determine that this acting job would not be a once every so often thing I get to do. NO! I am marking this recent gig as the first in a stream of professional acting jobs coming my way, from now and throughout 2019, to help me grow as a professional artist for Kosen Rufu, enable me to prosper on such a level that I am able to pay off my astronomical debt, and live my life financially free. 

It is funny, there really are NO ACCIDENTS. The Art’s Department meeting gave me the experience that would challenge me to live my practice more deeply. Linda Johnson and Erica Gimpel inspired me to go deeper and not see my work as separate from my practice.

Linda simply reminded me that anything we want to achieve is possible, but requires us to truly believe it is possible in our own hearts and minds, and take it to the gohonzon with a fiery determination to manifest what we want and not simply phone it in.

I left that meeting inspired with a conviction to not only eliminate my debts but to accomplish it while still working as a professional actor.  It is up to me and my willingness to dig deep, make room for the unexpected and allow the Mystic Law to work in and thru my thoughts and actions.

I am moving into November and into 2019 with a single minded focus to light a match of fiery determination into my practice. I intend to experience first-hand what Erica and Linda discussed and to break through any barriers keeping me from achieving financial independence and creative freedom. 

I am willing to WORK like no one else so I can one day LIVE like no one else. What are you willing to achieve through your practice? J 

No comments:

Post a Comment