Thursday, September 26, 2013

Getting A Little More Conscious Of What I Am "Taking In"

After my last post, I found myself repeatedly listening to this song which I have dubbed my current "Soundtrack of My Life" .




Aside from reflecting my peaceful state of mind, it strangely is reinforcing it. One thing I know about myself is that music is a powerful emotional influence. It immediately occurred to me that I might start more consciously using this ingrained habit to my benefit. Being more conscious of the songs I listen to may well help shape my state of mind and in turn my thoughts and actions.

It may be a bit tricky finding some good songs with positive uplifting lyrics in contrast to my usual attraction to R&B songs of "pain and surviving" like "Listen" (below) but it may be a good experiment to actually do and not just talk about doing.



Both of these songs create a strong emotional feeling but one is definitely more shall we say "confrontational" as opposed to "tranquilly uplifting." Both are good but I suppose it is a matter of what frame of mind do I want to reverberate in my subconscious.

I have my share of "bad habits". I  can't hurt to turn at least this habit into a more productive one.

We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment