Saturday, April 16, 2016

Getting "Daily Rituals" in Order with Help from Google Calendar App!


 No one,who knows me, would ever accuse me of being tech-savvy.  That's a fact! But things keep falling into my lap to give me the assistance I need to stick to the new rituals I am currently incorporating into my day.

Two days ago, while strolling through Twitter I came across a cute ad for the Google Calendar App that has a new feature allowing you to set goals. Just what I needed to keep me honest. So, I scheduled my morning and nightly meditation sessions, a half hour morning Spanish study session, and a morning trip to LA Fitness. What I like about it is that it sends me a reminder 30 minutes before my scheduled goal and prompts me to mark the goal as completed after my scheduled session is concluded.  Yeah, it may seem like a bit much, but having my goals planned out on a calendar with reminders forces me to stay on track. I know myself well enough that keeping track of things makes me feel good and eliminates "forgetting" when I would rather stay in bed.

The cool thing is I am back to waking up at 6:00 am and by 9:00 am every morning I have meditated, studied Spanish- currently via Duolingo App, and worked out for an hour. This is a far cry from dragging myself out of bed at 9:30 am, getting wrapped up in work and not feeling like I have any "me" time.

The overall goal is to develop the daily routine that doesn't feel like a chore.

Thanks, Google for giving me something useful and helping me feel productive first thing in the morning. I look forward to finding more uses to improve my time management.  Now, yes, the app isn't perfect. I'm not doing an ad for Google but it just really works for me, and that's what matters.

My next step is coming up with a workout routine so I maximize my hour at the gym. This has been my challenge in the past. No more excuses.  If my ass is gonna wake up early I better make the time count, right?

Below is the funny Google ad that turned me on to the app and inspired me to add Learning Spanish back onto my "To Do" List! Haha! Watch and it will make sense. :)   







No comments:

Post a Comment